LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
BamZipPow
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:53 am   Post subject: Wearable subwoofers... Reply with quote Back to top  

Subpac and Woojer are just two companies that offer tactile portable subwoofers that I personally purchased and tried out. Got my Subpac M1 in March 2014 and my Woojer Extreme in November 2014. Big Smile

The Subpac M1 (first edition) was ordered in October 2013 fer an introductory price and massive savings due to the pushed delivery dates. I ended up gitting mine fer just under $250. Current price is around $350 discounted fer early ordering. After receiving it in March 2014, I had it completely apart in less than 15 minutes after receiving it from UPS. Yes, down to disassembling the control box and desoldering the wires. I inspected the unit and made some of my physical mods at that time which included rebundling the wires and making some cuts into the control box. I've even inserted a gelpack into the backpack to git better sonic transference. Wink Smile

I've been spoiled by the Subpac fer the past 8 months and have shared the "experience" with others. Almost all have been blown away with the sonic openness and clarity that the Subpac brings to the listening environment. Although, it's not perfect in a complete sense, it does allow you to feel the low frequencies you just can't git from just headphones or earbuds alone. Some of the downfalls to the Subpac is the "process" one must endure just to wear the unit. Wires in the way, stretchy straps, fixed tethered control unit are just a few things I deal with. I have a few changes that would make more sense fer my needs which include making the charging port fer the rechargeable batteries on the control unit itself, enclosing the battery to a quick lock setup fer easy swap outs, a remote control setup fer the control unit, and making a better wearable unit. I'm thinking a waist wrapped/belt setup instead of the backpack unit that it's currently designed with. The rechargeable battery will provide good times fer about 8 hours before needing recharging. Subpac has revised the new M1 with bluetooth 4.0 and a better backpack/strap setup. Big Smile

When the Woojer became available at an introductory discounted price (~$152), I jumped at the opportunity to buy one to see if a small unit(s) could bring the sonic level of the Subpac to a matchbox size. I preordered the Woojer Extreme (2 units) at the end of August 2014 and eagerly awaited fer my package to arrive. It arrived yesterday November 4, 2014 and I carefully unwrapped the package and removed all the contents. Everything was there and I plugged everything in to start charging the battery. After the units were fully charged, I plugged everything in and attached the units according to the instructions and waited fer the "experience". Since there are 3 levels of adjustment, I started with level 1. It wasn't earthshaking so I tried level 2. Still not what I was expecting so I tried level 3. It was a little better but not what I was used to with the Subpac. I tried different placements and it was still not what I wanted to feel. Needless to say after 15 minutes, I sadly came to the conclusion that the Woojer wasn't gonna compare to the Subpac by any means. I'm in the process of submitting an RMA to return my Woojer back to the company. Sad Smile

Neither unit allows fer cable management nor a place to hold yer portable sound source. It's up to you to hold or tuck it into yer pocket. My belt/waistpack will have a spot fer my phone. Big SmileWink Smile

In the end...size is everything! Big Smile

www.thesubpac.com
www.woojer.com

Slymer
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

that's why I have 2 10s in my trunk Very Happy

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
BamZipPow
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Slymer wrote:
that's why I have 2 10s in my trunk Very Happy

The neat part about the Subpac M1 is that it's totally portable and can give you the sensation of club level tactile sub frequencies without bothering other people around you. Wink Smile

Slymer
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

with my windows up... can't really hear it outside the car... and I don't generally listen to music around others. I like being able to hear what's going on around me. Though if I set up a 30Hz tone and just plug in the subpac... that would be a good way to get a nice massage on the go. Razz Wink Very Happy

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

View next topic
View previous topic