LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:52 pm   Post subject: Break time Reply with quote Back to top  

Copied this from one of the tech threads @ seti: We've decided to keep the project down until the new servers are up and running and the databases migrated to them.

The forums will stay up.

The back end and the upload server will stay up until we clear the outstanding results.

The time line we are looking at is about one month - two weeks for the servers to arrive and another two to get them going. We'll see as time goes on whether or not that's too aggressive.

The down time will be used for preparing the databases for migration. For example, on the science side, we can finally finish a big merge of the spike table and drop the old spike table. This will make the database smaller and easier to migrate.

We will also use the time for science processing and analysis.

More later...

Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I gave up on Seti - again. Heck with em. THey're down more than their up. I would have thought after 3 years that they would have gotten their act together.

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Seems like that's what their doing. Two new bad ass servers coming. Gotta keep the faith' Cool

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Seti's got their new toys working. Getting work units no problem.

Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Yeah thats what Ive heard alright.

For now tho - I want to get past 1F1 as far as folding is concerned (by the end of the month) so until that happens Im folding my lil heart out. Then I can relax a bit and start doing some Seti work again.

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I do what I can folding. Still spit out a couple a day. 'ol pc works it's lil hoofies to the quick. I'm hoping I'll have the monster finished by spring. Even shopping around, parts are lots of bucks if you want to get the best. When it's time the Monster will rule.

Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

yhdjv wrote:
Then I can relax a bit and start doing some Seti work again.

You passed me in PrimeGrid Embarrassed and now I'm #2. Poo. Wink
yhdjv
Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Oh, now you notice Very Happy

I passed ya ages ago!

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

boink'n along pretty decent now. I get 60 w/u's at a time. Still only get them on the weekends mostly but it holds me over for a time. Passed the Dawg! Twisted Evil

Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

havent boinc'd for a while now...busy folding

cave
Toilet Drinker
Toilet Drinker

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

@widouxmaker are you rolling seti / whats your name?
widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

ha - if cave gets into this mix you guys are all going down....just sayin' Laughing

Fold for the cures

*Thanks to Jaymac for folding sig!
widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I hope he does. LWD rules!

Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I probably wont run boinc for a while since Im doing so well folding but ya never know I might get back into it

View next topic
View previous topic