LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
musketeer 2
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:43 pm   Post subject: Team Musketeers Reply with quote Back to top  

Hi all.
I'm Musketeer 2, aka shiva, aka Rick and I'm from Team Musketeers. We are a small team but we can put up some numbers when it comes to RAC. One of our things is to find small team and to join that team for a few days and give them our CPU/GPU power for those days. We also like to joing the forums and meet the members of the team. We would like to join your team for a few days and meet some of you. We will put our boxes on most any project, if you have a project you would like to see your team get a boost in please let us know. We would like to make sure it is ok with the team before we join you. There would probably be 5 or 6 of us joining you. I had Pm'd EdisonRex but it seems that he has not been online for a couple of days, so I thought I would ask through the boards. We would probably be able to move over on Monday if that would be ok. I hope to be moving my boxes to your team Monday, please help us with projects you would like us to help in.
Thanks
Musketeer 2
I can not post a link to our site, because I do not have 10 posts, but if you do a search for Team Musketeers you can find our site.
widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I'd say we need some more dogs on folding...

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Are we Dilbert? Wink

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Point taken.

Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

If you only join the team only for a few days and then leave, all your RAC goes with you Undecided

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

ThunderDawg wrote:
If you only join the team only for a few days and then leave, all your RAC goes with you Undecided

Well this is true, but we will leave you with more team points. We are offering to give you the points we get while we are here. It is only an offer to help you increase your standing in some projects, and a chance to meet some new people.
EdisonRex
Lead Dog
Lead Dog

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

btw I got the PM on Saturday night, and since I was out Sunday didn't get to it until just after T moved this topic (which I don't understand why it went to gen cons instead of BOINC in the first place). That is not "a couple of days", it was about 16 hours.

Maybe Olive has an opinion.

musketeer 2
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

oh that is ok we just have fun doing this and it doesn't seem as you all are interested. no big deal there are lots of teams out there. I will leave you all to your tings. in the future we are always here and anyone can log into our site and ask us to help them. we don't turn very many down.
latter
ThunderDawg
Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Well how do you pass up on a neighborly invitation like that?

I joined your site Smile

Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

not sure how the BOINC works muskateer2 as I am on the Folding team here. I am sure we would welcome you any kinda dogs here.

Fold for the cures

*Thanks to Jaymac for folding sig!
widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I think it would be cool. Seems like LWD should be able to keep the credits if somebody joined and then split. I don't know how that works either. Maybe it should be made optional...got me. But a roving team that goes around meeting new people is a neat idea imho...Good luck either way.

Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I wish I knew the secret to getting people excited about SETI@Home again.

We have regular and dedicated crunchers, but we somehow lost the novelty.

Leg Humper

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I'm still giving it my all but these big dogs could kick butt. I think they got sick of the program not working. Always getting the "no work available" popup on boinc. Felt like hanging it up a few times myself.

Stray Dog

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

as for most of us, we just get tired of the crap that goes on a seti@home. If you check our stats you will find that most of us have some good numbers for seti, but we haven't crunched seti for a long time. Most of us did go back and run some for the 10 year fling. way too much drama in the whole thing anymore. Just let me crunch the numbers and give me a few points for doing it so I have something to show for my effort.
musketeer 2
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

widouxmaker wrote:
I think it would be cool. Seems like LWD should be able to keep the credits if somebody joined and then split. I don't know how that works either. Maybe it should be made optional...got me. But a roving team that goes around meeting new people is a neat idea imho...Good luck either way.

both the team and the cruncher get the points. any points I earn go with me if I leave but I also earned those points for the team I'm with at the time so they stay with the team also. we find a lot of teams get in a race with someone else on a project, sometimes we get invited to one of the teams to help them win the race. we really don't care much who wins the race but it is fun for us. our goal is to crunch some numbers and have some fun doing it.

View next topic
View previous topic