LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Well hell I don't remember who did it then...lol..Been a while.

Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

widouxmaker wrote:
I can't help but say "What if ?" Cool

I just can not believe that we are the only planet with inteligent life - or life in general...

Oh, and I started seti on two machines (only one core each) but so far cant connect to get wu's. Yet.

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Drake proved it with math. We ain't alone. Might not get work units until the weekend.

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

http://www.silicon.com/technology/hardware/2010/09/18/the-search-for-alien-intelligence-why-et-has-nowhere-left-to-hide-39746138/

Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

widouxmaker wrote:
Drake proved it with math. We ain't alone. Might not get work units until the weekend.

No, he only proved how infinitesimal the odds are that exists an intelligent civilization that has not already destroyed itself.

For example, we could be on the verge of our own self-destruction, and the nearest civilization to us might not even come into existence for another hundred million years. And yet, other civilizations have already extinguished themselves billions of years ago.

So, The Question is Not: Where Are They. The Question is: When Are They?

Leg Humper

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

details, details...lol...I managed to turn in 20+ w/u today but they still haven't given me new ones.

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Never the less they existed, or will. I say that in the infinitesimal space such as ours there can be no doubt that we've been checked out by other life forms and that we've checked ourselves out too.

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Finally got some tasks, 13 for now. gonna keep trying for more during the weekend to get more.

Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Working on one, got 37 waiting Razz yeah, Im a pig. I dont share.

Not sure about the work computer though, havent been there for a couple days but I go in tonight. Got lots of credit pending.

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I still won't catch you guys but at least mine will be the one that finds the signal...heh Very Happy

Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

aww, it dont matter who finds the signal but wouldnt it be bitching if it WAS you!?! (or ME for that matter) Your name (or mine) would go down in history. or not.

Doesnt matter how much you crunch, as long as you do.

yhdjv
Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Oh - forgot to ask: does it really matter what project we work on as far as team/personal credit is concerned?

Ive only ever worked on seti but was curious about the credits from other projects if the credits earned would still show on the team stats page.

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I did Milky way for a bit and to be honest I don't remember where the credits for that went. I just do seti now and they go to LWD and me. As far as who finds the signal I doubt we'd be much more than a post script but when it does happen it'll change the world.

Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

yhdjv wrote:
Working on one, got 37 waiting Razz yeah, Im a pig. I dont share

Cripes, this computer has like 140-150 wu's waiting to run...i AM a pig. wth.

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Well get busy man and find ET...lol They only give me around 35...sniff!!

View next topic
View previous topic