LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Site Feedback
CMTG
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:37 am   Post subject: Idea for LittleWhiteDog Reply with quote Back to top  

There's probably a couple dozen people here who have their own blogs, right?

Well, I have an idea. Instead of clicking through to people's blogs when I see a link to one in someone's forum signature, why not aggregate all our blogs into a single feed, one place where we can keep up with everyone's lives?

Have a look at http://www.planetplanet.org/

With Planet, all the contributors host their own blogs (as we already do) and the content can be optionally aggregated into a single Planet blog that we could host on LittleWhiteDog.

For example, I only have to subscribe to a single feed to keep up with all my fellow Fedora or Gnome contributors. And I don't have to know when new blogs are started up if they syndicate their content to the Planet.

What do you think? Do we have enough people with blogs to make it worthwhile?

I'd be willing to put some time into setting it all up and even hosting Planet on my server here to start with, bandwidth permitting.

fear_nothing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Personally I don't have a blog, but I like the idea of a single feed. Anything that saves a few clicks works for me.

Remember when it comes to Information Security only the paranoid will survive.

Worried about printing this Post? Forest products are a renewable resource that when properly managed provide sustainable jobs and wages for the benefit of all citizens, without a detrimental effect to the environment. So Print 10 copies!
Extreme
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

fear_nothing wrote:
Personally I don't have a blog, but I like the idea of a single feed. Anything that saves a few clicks works for me.

Me neither...actually I haven't visited littlewhitedog.com for years (Except to hit the chat if I can't get to littleblackdog.com)...might be a good boost to the site to keep it updated on a regular basis...

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Extreme wrote:
might be a good boost to the site to keep it updated on a regular basis...

Indeed, and the best part is that all people need to do is just keep doing what they already are doing: Occasionally update their blog.

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I don't have a blog either but I think it's a good idea. I've visited a few of ya'lls and some show real talent.

Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Not to outdo your idea, but I think we should start a LittleBlackDog Mafia Wars on FaceBook. Idea

Remember Scarecrow? He's mah n*ggah Doggie, and so is Spot.

We need more Peeps Doggies.

Lead Dog

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Well, anything is better than nothing, and nothing is what it's doing right now.

Let's talk about how it should work. I have no objection to exploring options.

widouxmaker
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Might could add a friends and family section also.

Guide Dog
Guide Dog

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

CompleteRunning.com did something similar a few years ago.

They set up a place where you could register your blog and it provided one feed to aggregate everybody. I found some good blogs that way, but with the 700 or so they had at the time it was too much to keep up with.

I'm game, I'll subscribe if we create an uber feed, even though I'm not here as often as I used to be.

View next topic
View previous topic