LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Olive
Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:58 pm   Post subject: Better Late Than Never Reply with quote Back to top  

Team based reports to follow.
Volunteers welcome, PM me. I'll happily cover SETI, but the other projects might benefit from an active member of the projects taking the beat.

Moving on...

occasion9 First ever global LWD BOINC Team Rankings occasion9
http://boinc.littlewhitedog.com/2009/03/better-late-than-never/

The Olive Estate
--wonko "I really dont know what to say exept the purpose of a lake is not to kill someone."
--maple_shaft "I AM AN ATTENTION WHORE!!!!! "
--OhioArt2 "TOMaxwell did a pregnant zebra"
ThunderDawg
Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

RE: LWD Team History.

March 1, 1999 is the date one member (Alyx Williams' [PLD's] original account) joined SETI. The LWD Team was actually started on July 4, 2000 over a campfire and an unknown quantity of BEER. (The LWD website wasn't even registered with InterNIC until Dec. 1, 1999)

Rover wrote:

http://www.littlewhitedog.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=137&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0

Help us sniff out ET!
Posted by: Rover On: 7/5/2000
For those of you who are interested in Extraterrestrial life come and join the LittleWhiteDog SETI@Home project. If you're one of the lucky people who finds some alien communications LittleWhiteDog will send you a nice squeaky toy and a nylo-bone. So get started today!

Fido wrote:
http://www.littlewhitedog.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=698&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0

SETI Update
Posted on Friday, October 13 @ 13:08:00 PDT by Fido

We're up to 12 members in our SETI Group now. We have completed 981 work units, and have a Total CPU time of 1.11 years. But we still need more members! We are still but a tiny little dog compared to some of those giants out there. If you are interested in joining see this page for information how to do so.

Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

ok.. I'll buy that. I saw that but the reason I didn't use it was... I don't know where you got the 2000 from. All I get is "July 05."

March 1 is before July 5, so I took it as the data, admittedly with little additional research (I'd never have bothered to do a WHOIS on LWD to check time lines Razz )

The Olive Estate
--wonko "I really dont know what to say exept the purpose of a lake is not to kill someone."
ThunderDawg
Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

As the unofficial Team LWD Historian, I saved all SETI News articles to a single webpage as of November 9, 2003. Wink I just happened to still have a backup in my DVD drive from another archival search. I also have a couple copies of Please Delete, in both data table form and the full listing from the old Snitz forums... Surprised

Here is the FIRst Team News, which doesn't seem to be available on LWD.com anymore...:

IAmMarauder wrote:
The First Edition!
Posted by: IAmMarauder On: 1/2/2002 Comments: [0]

Movers
Biggest position change today is held by (#6), jumping 34 positions to number 267. Next came RiSQuE and steep, both moving up 12 positions to place 264th and 223rd respectively. Flowman27 also had a huge jump of 11 positions to place himself at 221st.

Shakers
Well, over the last 20-odd hours, Zog has managed to add another 308 Work Units, with Fido coming in second with 196 units crunched. Next up is LittleRed with 105, then Spot at 102. ms_horsebank, Alyx Williams and BamZipPow also managed to crunch over 50 units as well. Well done to you all!

Greetings and Farewlls.
Two new members! A big greeting to dave and (#7). And with no departures today, that puts at the 321 members mark.

Team News
Well, we are only about 3000 units away from breaking the 275,000 Work Unit mark.

Misc Ramblings
Well, thats the first LWD SETI Team newspost. Hope you all enjoy it.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

that's a beautiful thing

The Olive Estate

View next topic
View previous topic