LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Hot Deals & Free Stuff
onefast1
Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

squashman wrote:
onefast1 wrote:
The second MJ is so your main number stays at home. If you on the road and you wife is at home then she cant make calls. You get 2 MJ's so she has a number and you have a number.

I got 2 MJ's one for me and one for Dy. I'm shipping the MJ to him so he has a stateside number. no more international calls $$$.

The 30 day free trail has been bumped to the 31'st so give it a try ...

Isn't that why we all have cell phones. So when we travel, people can get a hold of us. Shipping one to Dy, sure is a good idea. But what is wrong with using Skype to talk to him.

His mom doesn't have internet.

Dypheron
LWD Staff
LWD Staff

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

onefast1 wrote:
squashman wrote:
onefast1 wrote:
The second MJ is so your main number stays at home. If you on the road and you wife is at home then she cant make calls. You get 2 MJ's so she has a number and you have a number.

I got 2 MJ's one for me and one for Dy. I'm shipping the MJ to him so he has a stateside number. no more international calls $$$.

The 30 day free trail has been bumped to the 31'st so give it a try ...

Isn't that why we all have cell phones. So when we travel, people can get a hold of us. Shipping one to Dy, sure is a good idea. But what is wrong with using Skype to talk to him.

His mom doesn't have internet.

Exactly. And I'm tired of paying $150-200 phone bills because people refuse to call us because "it's too expensive." With the exchange rate getting lower by the day and my basic phone and internet getting closer to $100 a month it's going to help a lot.

What can't be solved with the proper amount of RDX?
[21:17] *** Rah has changed the topic on channel #lwd to [1:16pm]«+Dypheron» if someone wants to search my teabag, they damn well better give me a happy ending

Walked in, changed sig, walked out. Still too many idiots here.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
squashman
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Well, I bit the bullet and got one. Plus I got the additional 5 year plan. I will let the wife bitch at me at the end of the month. Better to ask forgiveness...... Laughing
BamZipPow
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I'm thinking of dumping the Comcast digital voice ($40 a month) and trying this out. Wife loves the fact (Comcast) that she can git notifications of new voicemails in her email. How does MagicJack do theirs? Wink SmileBig Smile

onefast1
Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

BamZipPow wrote:
I'm thinking of dumping the Comcast digital voice ($40 a month) and trying this out. Wife loves the fact (Comcast) that she can git notifications of new voicemails in her email. How does MagicJack do theirs? Wink SmileBig Smile

Same way, emailed .wav files

My MJ has worked very well so far.

squashman
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

onefast1 wrote:
BamZipPow wrote:

Wow, two great things in this world that stand for MJ.

Michael Jordan
Magic Jack.
Can we count Magic Johnson?
Slymer
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

squashman wrote:
onefast1 wrote:
BamZipPow wrote:

Wow, two great things in this world that stand for MJ.

Michael Jordan
Magic Jack.
Can we count Magic Johnson?

Mary Jane (pick your favorite) Twisted Evil

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
squashman
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Well I got my MagicJack this past week and have spent the better part of the day trying to get it to work. It just wont finish the Registration process. It just sits there. Really Irritating me. I even tried running there MagicFix link and the link just kills FireFox instantly when I try to launch it. I am really bummed. Now I have been reading online about all the issues other people have had with there MJ's and the technical support. Hopefully they will honer there MoneyBack Guarantee.
gregw
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Did you try to temporarily disable your firewall?

Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

squashman wrote:
Superdwarf wrote:
squashman wrote:
And if you have to keep a computer on to make and receive phone calls, how much is it really going to save you. Elecrticity isn't cheap either.

Use that puter to fold baby Fold Laughing Laughing Laughing

I kind of gave up on that after Seti Classic died.

The nice thing about the Magic Jack is that you can take it with you when you travel. But you currently can't transfer your old number to the new service. I would like to be able to do that.

We would love to have the competition on the LWD Folding Team and you would have a reason to leave the 'puter on! Very Happy

Fold for the cures

*Thanks to Jaymac for folding sig!
squashman
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

gregw wrote:
Did you try to temporarily disable your firewall?

Don't run any software firewalls.

Irregardless, I eventually got the Registration to complete. But now my biggest disappointment is

(1)You have to login to the computer for the MagicJack to work. I assumed it would install itself as a service and as long as the computer is turned on, I can make phone calls with my standard phone. There advertisement doesn't say anything about having to be logged into the computer for it to work.

2)According to their documentation it doesn't install any software on your computer except for the Shortcut. Which would explain why it doesnn't run as a service. But you would assume that it would save the call log to the USB stick. I made and received a bunch of calls while it was hooked up to my main computer, then I shut it down and moved it to my laptop. I assumed the call log would be there but it didn't show up. I haven't started saving any contacts on the device yet but I hope it doesn't wipe those out everytime I turn my computer off.

3)Haven't been able to get any information from them on when they will have Area Codes in WI. When I had signed the other week they had Fond Du Lac, WI on there Area Code web page but now it is gone. I don't know why they would start with Fond Du Lac. It Certianly isn't the biggest City in WI. Milwauke, Madison, Eau Claire and Green Bay are much larger.
onefast1
Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

squashman wrote:
Well I got my MagicJack this past week and have spent the better part of the day trying to get it to work. It just wont finish the Registration process. It just sits there. Really Irritating me. I even tried running there MagicFix link and the link just kills FireFox instantly when I try to launch it. I am really bummed. Now I have been reading online about all the issues other people have had with there MJ's and the technical support. Hopefully they will honer there MoneyBack Guarantee.

What browser are you using? I tried on safari the first time and it did the same thing, you need to accept the activex control or it wont finish.

squashman
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

onefast1 wrote:
squashman wrote:

What browser are you using? I tried on safari the first time and it did the same thing, you need to accept the activex control or it wont finish.

That explains it. I believe I do have ActiveX disabled on that computer for security reasons. It is my file server, so I lock it down pretty tight.
BamZipPow
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I went and ordered one today. We'll see how well the wife takes to it since I don't use the house phone fer anything... Wink SmileBig Smile

BamZipPow
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Got mine in last night. Not too bad.

Looks like you can use a bluetooth/normal headset (instead of a standard phone) and use the included program to do all yer dialing and yacking with.

There is about a .5 second delay from when you say something and when you hear it on the other end. Wink Smile

This puppy will keep track of all the calls that come through or that git dialed out. You can delete individual numbers or the entire log. Wink SmileBig Smile

I setup a gmail account just fer the phone...that way I don't have to worry about the rest of the family messing with my email... Wink SmileBig SmileBlush Smile

Caller ID works just fine. You can build a contact list so it travels with the dongle. Not sure if the contact list will come up when Caller ID identifies them or not... Wink Smile

Once I git this more intergrated into the house and everyone knowing the number...I'll git Comcast to take their digital phone system back... Big SmileWink SmileEvil Smile

View next topic
View previous topic