LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Georgefky
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:45 pm   Post subject: Boinc Manager becomes disconnected Reply with quote Back to top  

I am running the latest version of Boinc 5.4.11 running as a service on a Win 2000 P4 3GHz HT system that is dedicated only to Rosetta. No other applications or users use this system. The system is on a ups battery backup and has all fixes on Win 2000.

Everything runs fine execpt that about once every day or so ... sometimes longer the Boinc Manager goes to a status of "Disconnected" The clients continue to process the work unit they are working on but when that is completed, Boinc Manager is not watching the system and all processing stops even though there are work units ready to run. If I end the Boinc Manager and start it up again processing continues with the next work unit.

Has anyone seen this problem?? Any ideas how to fix???

Thanks in advance.
skildude

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

do you have your rosetta set to run when user is logged off? Have you tried an older stable version of BOINC, if available

Have you joined the LWD http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/team_join_form.php?id=1345

I decided to say something witty but am at a loss for words...

My clouds silver lining has been tarnished black . It still follows me around but makes outcomes a whole lot more grim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Georgefky
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Yes, It is set to "Run always". It has been doing this for the last for the last 3 or 4 releases ........ since I have been running Boinc.

View next topic
View previous topic