LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
AnalogKid
Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:39 pm   Post subject: SETI urged to fess up over alien signals Reply with quote Back to top  

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/31/signals_seti/
Has anyone else heard about this?

Quote:
"They have had numerous extraterrestrial signals," Greer said, during the radio broadcast. "They were apparently searching in a spectrum or in an area . . . where they hit the mother lode. The signals were so numerous that they began to have their systems externally jammed by some sort of human agency that did not want them to continue receiving those signals."

Who do we believe??

Last edited by AnalogKid on Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstronomyOnline
Cat Chaser
Cat Chaser

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I am good friends with a key SETI astronomer and I can assure everyone here that there is no cover up.

So far, the only signal that came close to an extra-terrestrial signal is the infamous WOW signal: http://www.bigear.org/wow.htm

It was never confirmed, nor did it occur again so it is assumed to have been a transient event of some origin other than extra-terrestrial.

But the answer is no, I have not heard about this.

"That has disturbed me to the point of insanity. There. I am insane now."

Astronomy Online

Astro-Drummer
ThunderDawg
Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

It would be pretty irresponsible to announce such a discovery in that manner. Once again, Rating$ outweigh Truth.

Art Bell is a Big Fat Piece of Doody.

Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

TOMaxwell wrote:
It would be pretty irresponsible to announce such a discovery in that manner. Once again, Rating$ outweigh Truth.

Art Bell is a Big Fat Piece of Doody.

Exactly what I was thinking
skildude

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

having had listened to art bell on numerous occasions while driving late at night I can honestly say most of his guests are whacked. In fact I would ave to say he puts these freaks on just to get a laugh.

And if theres such a coverup why have an Art Bell SETI team.

I decided to say something witty but am at a loss for words...

My clouds silver lining has been tarnished black . It still follows me around but makes outcomes a whole lot more grim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
anglachel
Guide Dog
Guide Dog

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:48 pm   Post subject: Re: SETI urged to fess up over alien signals Reply with quote Back to top  

AnalogKid wrote:
Has anyone else heard about this?

Yup.... you caught us... I was the one trying to stop them from going public...

but now that the cat is out of the bag, the aliens are comming, and they are after our jobs, I for one say they can have them. however some folks in washington want to atempt to build a wall to keep them out...

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Death to Shuttleworth!
AnalogKid
Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

If they are hurting for cash so bad, wouldn't finding and exposing some promising sign be a possible end to this problem?

View next topic
View previous topic