LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Mods and Ends
FatherBean
Veteran Dog
Veteran Dog

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:25 am   Post subject: Help me spend someone elses money.. Reply with quote Back to top  

friend wants to build a PC...

he has these picked out already...

[/url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103603[url]

[/url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130529
Quote:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814140069
Quote:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148008[url]

[/url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119068[url]

[/url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827135076[url]

I can't get them to commit on price...but around 700.00.

He still needs OS and some little stuff.[/url]

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic.

There are desires in all of us better left suppressed, at least in a civilized context.

In life, take what is offered...that must sometimes be enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pcfreakshow
Cat Chaser
Cat Chaser

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Might need to review the tags on your post Smile

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Trying to find the URLs in your tags, I was with you until the Radeon X800XT. I would not purchase a new video card that lacked pixel shader 3.0 at this point. How about GeForce 7900GT or Radeon X1800XT instead? The 512MB version looks appealing.

I'm not a big fan of Aspire power supplies. I do like Seasonic. For about the same price as that Aspire, how about this 400-watt unit from Fortron Source? This inexpensive 400-watt PSU will get the job done, but its 80mm fans will be noisier than the 120mm fans in the other power supplies.

I would not bother with the combo optical drive. Get a DVD burner to do everything.
$36 Samsung SH-S162A DVD burner
$47 LiteOn SHM-165H6S DVD burner with LightScribe

I assume that your friend is planning to use this system for gaming? Did he consider the Athlon64 X2 3800+ ?

If you are looking for a pre-assembled system, Hewlett-Packard builds some nice Athlon64-based PCs that lack only a decent PCI-Express graphics card.

There are ways to make the BBCode tags easier, if you need them.

Should this thread really be in the Mods & Ends section?

Mutt
Mutt

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Yes i agree with Engineer.

That AMD X2 3800+ is nice. I am only running a regular 3800+ and it runs great.

I would not go with the X800XL either as i used to own one of these cards. I would go with the new revisions out to get the most up to date features.

The cards he mentioned are all great cards.

Great Hosting @ Great Prices
Get 25% OFF. Good on all Plans and Prices
Use code "25off" at sign up
Valet Hosting
FatherBean
Veteran Dog
Veteran Dog

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

This post is what happens when you are trying to post while 3 people are talking to you about two different subjects and then your wife comes and asks you what you want on pizza and do I want a beer.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic.

There are desires in all of us better left suppressed, at least in a civilized context.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deagler
Mutt
Mutt

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Well did you at least get beer with your pizza? If you did than you got the most important part right.

ROFL

Great Hosting @ Great Prices
Get 25% OFF. Good on all Plans and Prices
Use code "25off" at sign up
Valet Hosting
JustAnEngineer
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

FatherBean wrote:
This post is what happens when you are trying to post while 3 people are talking to you about two different subjects and then your wife comes and asks you what you want on pizza and do I want a beer.
"Just a moment... Just a moment... Don't you know me well enough by now to know what I want on a pizza? and Hell yes, I want a beer!"

Last edited by JustAnEngineer on Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
FatherBean
Veteran Dog
Veteran Dog

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

JustAnEngineer wrote:
FatherBean wrote:
"Just a moment, Just a moment, Don't you know me well enough by now to know what I want on a pizza? and Hell yes, I want a beer!"

Pretty much what I said but with a look...to which I got..."are you looking for a flicking?"

JustAnEngineer
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

$315AR Radeon X1800XT 512MB

View next topic
View previous topic