LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Mods and Ends
Slasher_Z
Cat Chaser
Cat Chaser

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:31 pm   Post subject: Microwave Comp Reply with quote Back to top  

I had the idea of building a comp into an old microwave. One with a ~7" squarish window, that could be busted out and replaced with a small lcd screen. Mount the mobo inside the "chamber" for lack of a more technical term. Then, if you need to get to the mobo, simply open the door! Tear out the guts of the microwave and hide the psu away somewhere in the innards, then get a small electric bell and wire it as the system speaker for added authenticity. It may be difficult to do, and i don't have the funds for it, but someone else could have a hayday with this Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CMTG
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Use a P4 Prescott, then you'll still be able to use it to cook food.

Slasher_Z
Cat Chaser
Cat Chaser

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

heh. nothing but AMD here. well, i guess i do have an old 133 i could fire up...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dypheron
LWD Staff
LWD Staff

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

If it's new enough to have a LCD display, you should consider removing it and replacing it with a dot matrix display. At the very least turn the buttons on the front into the power and reset buttons.

What can't be solved with the proper amount of RDX?
[21:17] *** Rah has changed the topic on channel #lwd to [1:16pm]+Dypheron if someone wants to search my teabag, they damn well better give me a happy ending

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)
tecgod13
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

CheeseMonger The Great wrote:
Use a P4 Prescott, then you'll still be able to use it to cook food.

Laughing Awesome idea! haha to Intel! Now if only you could get it so it could still rotate something inside and beep when a workunit is finished.

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

View next topic
View previous topic