LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Mods and Ends
dstg_ll
-=* NSFW *=-
-=* NSFW *=-

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:37 am   Post subject: Your CPU temp is still too high ? Reply with quote Back to top  

Try this :
http://www.xoxide.com/asus-star-ice-cpu-cooler.html

more pics(scroll down a bit) :
http://www.hardwarelife.com/fusion/upload/archive.php?show=month&month=May&year=2004

Can you imagine the sound... Shocked
anglachel
Guide Dog
Guide Dog

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:08 am   Post subject: Re: Your CPU temp is still too high ? Reply with quote Back to top  

dstg_ll wrote:
Try this :
http://www.xoxide.com/asus-star-ice-cpu-cooler.html

more pics(scroll down a bit) :
http://www.hardwarelife.com/fusion/upload/archive.php?show=month&month=May&year=2004

Can you imagine the sound... Shocked

33Cfm out of an 80x80 mm can't be that loud....

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Death to Shuttleworth!
tom
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

The sound? The deafening noise, more like. It looks so cool, though.

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

It does look cool, but it's BIGASS! Shocked

It looks like a damned WIND TUNNEL Shocked

Q: If a tree falls when nobody can hear it, does it make a sound?
A: Chuck Norris can hear it.

Lycander wrote:

see, the typical responses I see from Doomy follow a vein of: "wtf d00d, why are you doing it like that? do it like ME, because I'm ultimate roxxor LOLBBQ"

'Tis true LOL !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Lurch
Toilet Drinker
Toilet Drinker

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Doomhammer wrote:

They sound like one too. People at the lan say it reminds them of a muffled Tornado. Just get a dang Zalman 7700Cu

Cat Chaser
Cat Chaser

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Whoa, that's a beast, who needs ac/heater in the room when u got one of those eh!

Doomhammer
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Lurch wrote:
Doomhammer wrote:

They sound like one too. People at the lan say it reminds them of a muffled Tornado. Just get a dang Zalman 7700Cu

Zalaman 7700Cu's are nice, but Thermaltake Volcano 8+'s cool very effectively too. In fact, I'm still using the stock AMD heatsink at I'm getting temps around 118F while gaming. I haven't overclocked it at all, but that's still not a bad temperature. Very Happy

Lycander wrote:

see, the typical responses I see from Doomy follow a vein of: "wtf d00d, why are you doing it like that? do it like ME, because I'm ultimate roxxor LOLBBQ"

'Tis true LOL !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Lurch
Toilet Drinker
Toilet Drinker

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Doomhammer wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Doomhammer wrote:

Zalaman 7700Cu's are nice, but Thermaltake Volcano 8+'s cool very effectively too. In fact, I'm still using the stock AMD heatsink at I'm getting temps around 118F while gaming. I haven't overclocked it at all, but that's still not a bad temperature. Very Happy

Indeed, you are precisley right. Those are a favorite with my lan group. I think I am the only one with a Zalman.

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Lurch wrote:
Doomhammer wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Doomhammer wrote:

Indeed, you are precisley right. Those are a favorite with my lan group. I think I am the only one with a Zalman.

Cool.

See, I'm learning stuff! Very Happy

Hell, before I joined these forums, I wouldn't have even heard of a "Thermaltake heatsink". Embarassed

Lycander wrote:

'Tis true LOL !
sully_51

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I'm perfectly happy with my Volcano 7+ keeping my CPU temp around 91* F under full CPU load and around 95* F while gaming. Cool

Trying to find my way around a dark life, always breaking the important things...
I only get angry at stupid people, and they have to be with themselves 24/7 so they already got theirs. - quijbe

RIP Kidneyman - 4/29/05
loosephlegm
Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Very nice sully.

I'm running hotter than normal at 120F under full load. (Dust bunnies I suppose)

My two main computers quieted down a lot after replacing this 60mm jet engine with a 80mm conversion shroud and a fan to match.

R.I.P. Private First Class Paul Varner; July 5, 1984 - April 29, 2005
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sLaPpY
Cat Chaser
Cat Chaser

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

/me anxiously awaiting JAE's response.

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty Bag filled with vegetable soup

View next topic
View previous topic