LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Article Discussions
JG
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

where did you find Boot.ini - I don't seem to have it either...
Quote:

nevermind I got it to work, very cool program.

beachbenns
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

OK I read through 5 pages of posts and didnt see what I was hoping for, if I missed it please take pity on me and post the answer again.. I am able to change the bootup pic. but I can't change the picture used while the little starting up window is displayed. i tried changing image #5 but it didnt work.
If anyone knows please fill me in (i'm running win 2000 prof. btw) Thanks
Skillet
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

humanz, what program did you use to modify msgina.dll? I've tried a hex editor with no success. I could read some text when using notepad, but no file names.

Please Help!
Skillet
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Never mind about that last post. W2kBM does it all!

Except for 1 thing - Does anyone know ow to get rid of the text that says "Based on NT Technology" that appears in the middle of the image on the startup screen.
defro
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I was wondering if I could get a copy of the source code if its available??!?!?

THX

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>quote:

ECB3
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote>

Perhaps I was mistaken Sad Smile I didn't actually write it. We had a "retired" member of LWD write it for us. See if you can snag a copy of the VB5 runtime files. Should work then. We didn't include them in the package, cause it makes for a much bigger (and intrusive) download / install.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote>Big Smile
wakuwaku
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

When I save the .bmp in the 4-bit format, Photoshop 6.0 seems to add these little dots on the image. I've taken a sample capture and uploaded it at http://webhome.idirect.com/~noyzi/img.html?i=ba.jpg

I'm saving it with the settings...
Palette: Local(Selective)
Colors: 16
Forced: Primaries
Matte: None
Dither: Diffusion
Amount: 75%
Exact Colors Preserved

It seems that Photoshop will only save a .bmp as 4-bit with these settings (after I've set it to indexed 16 color).

Does anybody know how to avoid this ugly side-effect?
Thanks.
Paal
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I have read the article on how to change the Windows2000 startup logo and I wondered if something like this is possible for the old Windows NT?

We are a company that delivers Integrated Brigde Control Systems. The operators of these systems are navigators that really need their night vision. If we reboot a computer on the brigde a night time the blue screen will destroy the night vision for at least 20 minutes. This is of course not acceptable.

Any tips are appreciated, regards!

Pål Berg
wakuwaku
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:

Don't use Photoshop. It's overkill if all you want to do is convert images from one format to another.

Use IrfanView instead.

A simple tool for a simple task.

IrfanView doesn't seem to save bitmaps with RLE compression. Is there an option somewhere that I didn't see?
wakuwaku
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:

You don't need to save with RLE compression.

Works perfectly. Thanks.
Maybe you guys should take that RLE part out of the instructions.
PseudoNym
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:

When I save the .bmp in the 4-bit format, Photoshop 6.0 seems to add these little dots on the image. I've taken a sample capture and uploaded it at http://webhome.idirect.com/~noyzi/img.html?i=ba.jpg

I'm saving it with the settings...
Palette: Local(Selective)
Colors: 16
Forced: Primaries
Matte: None
Dither: Diffusion
Amount: 75%
Exact Colors Preserved

It seems that Photoshop will only save a .bmp as 4-bit with these settings (after I've set it to indexed 16 color).

Does anybody know how to avoid this ugly side-effect?
Thanks.

I feel your pain my friend ... however the real problem is having to work with only 16 colors ... you might try lowering the amount of difusion ... depending on the image I usually go somewhere between 25%-50% also I set Forced to "None" and uncheck Preserve Exact Colors ... of course I'm using PhotoShop 7 but there is really little difference ... I spend more time tweaking and resaving images that actually creating them
dA cHeEzEr
Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Always use Irfanview to decrease color and save your images.

Welcome to the forum PseudoNym! WOOF

=-------------------------=
I hope you die.
As soon as I put this hot poker in my ass, I'm going to chop my dick off.  -  George Carlin
damer

Edited by - dA cHeEzEr on 08/21/2002 06:18:58
Jkilla
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

how does windows know to move the bar to tell u how much percentage is gone... loading windows. and how it moves the bar above it when u edit the picture!
sfmax
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

resourcehacker moved to
http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/
figgzy
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

hi guys nice program Smile but could somebody please tell me how to change the time on the bootup screen from 30 seconds down to say 5, 3 maybe?
feuerfreu
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I have been trying to change my Windows 2000 StartUp Logo, which I gave up on, I also installed your LWDKernel.exe file and now every time I start up it asks me what would I like to start up under LWD Win2k or LWD Win2k (FailSafe) Now I would just like to get ride of LWDKernel.exe all together so that thing stops coming up, my question is, How do I do this? ( E-Mail me at Lracek@Hotmail.Com if you have the answer please. )

View next topic
View previous topic