LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Article Discussions
dmikester1
Mutt
Mutt

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 5:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Sorry, never mind. I just figured out what I was doing wrong. But I still haven't found how to change the properties window, under My computer, properties. Ideas?
Thanks
Mike

Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 5:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

ATTENTION: The Software to customise the startup logo and other arears of Windows is here...
Hi,

I am the author of EzyWin - the tool to customise your computer

I have been reading the last 73 pages of this thread, and have found that all of you are wanting a program that can quickly change the Windows 2000 startup logo, logon dialogs and more. Well, it is here. No need to hack resources with ResourceHacker, all you have to do is use EzyWin, click once and all of the hard work is done for you.

EzyWin allows you to change the Windows 2000 Boot logo and more - quickly and easily. It supports Windows 95/98, Windows Millennium, and Windows 2000. Changing the startup logo and shut down logos are now so much easier, because EzyWin does everything for you.

EzyWin also has support to change the Windows 2000 Logon dialogs. The last 73 pages of this thread do not tell you much on how to change these dialogs, and you don't have to find out. EzyWin allows you to change these logon dialogs quickly and easily without you having to know how it works.

There is support for Windows 95, Windows 95 with IE4 Shell integration, Windows 98, Windows Millennium, and Windows 2000. With version 3 just being released, you are sure to have fun. Version 3 has an easy-to-use interface that is graphically rich. It also has hints for you to use to get what you want done fast.

EzyWin not only has support to change the startup logo, it also lets you customise many other parts of Windows. You can change the

Startup logo (all Operating Systems)
Shut down logo (win98, win95, winMe)
Shut down in progress logo (win98, win95)

Start Menu text
Start Menu icons
show/hide Start Menu items
Start Menu vertical logo

Start Button and its tool tip
Start Button icon
Right-click menu of the Start Button

Windows 2000 Logon Dialogs

and much more...
I have been reading the last 72 pages of this thread, and I have seen several questions about "how do I change the Windows 95/98/Me logos?", "how do I change the logon dialogs?", and "why doesn't someone build a program that does of all this?".
Well the solution is here ... EzyWin

EzyWin's latest versions has just been released, version 3.0. With even more features, and a new graphically rich interface.

Or if you like doing it yourself and need any advice on how to accomplish what you would like to do, just email me. I have had years of experience in customising Windows, and know quite a lot about customising Windows even before finding LittleWhiteDog. So I hope you enjoy EzyWin as much as I have enjoyed making it!

EzyWin can be found at: www.sayesoft.com.au
Contact me: robert.saye@sayesoft.com.au

Feel free to email me if you have any questions!
A_M_P
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I noticed that right before the start button part there was this:

"There was an internal error and one of the windows you were using has been closed. It is recommended that you save your work and close all programs, and then restart your computer"

If I changed that to say...oh....
"There was a rabid attack of anal rapist monkey's inside your hardrive, please apply anal bum cover and run like hell."

Would that be my error messages from then on? anyone ever try this?
tuff.enuff
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 7:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Have a look at my work:

Icons : changed via the registry
Text : changed at explorer.exe, menu #204, you can even change the order of the options
Bitmap: also inside explorer.exe

Question : how can i change the startbutton icon and the shut down icon? and is it possible to reduce the width of the start menu bitmap?

EDIT: i use windows 2000 sp2

Edited by - tuff.enuff on 12/26/2001 22:51:07
pastapappie
Mutt
Mutt

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

pastapappie has been busy:
In WindowsXP (I used RC1, but i guess it stay's the same) open explorer.exe, look at the first bitmap... it's the icon for the start menu
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy????
Sorry don't have a screenshot right now, i'll post it when i've got it...

When You See Me Coming,
Just Bow To The Floor

dmikester1
Mutt
Mutt

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Tr1pX, what OS do you have? I was following your instructions to change the icon on the start bar. I couldn't find icon under resources in exescope. I have win2k sp2.
Thanks
Mike

Toilet Drinker
Toilet Drinker

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Seems like the EZYWIN :canspam1:er just won't shut up. Why the hell would we want to use that piece of crap proggy (and PAY for it) HEY can spam1 BOY...we'll do it ourselves...okay? Stay out of our forums you can spam1 happy bastard!

I GOT POSTS 'TILL #3

Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:

Seems like the EZYWIN :canspam1:er just won't shut up. Why the hell would we want to use that piece of crap proggy (and PAY for it) HEY can spam1 BOY...we'll do it ourselves...okay? Stay out of our forums you can spam1 happy bastard!

I GOT POSTS 'TILL #3

Uhmmm, okay, did I miss something???

It's something in particular bothering you dbry222???
pancho1181
Butt Sniffer
Butt Sniffer

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:

ATTENTION: The Software to customise the startup logo and other arears of Windows is here...
Hi,

I am the author of EzyWin - the tool to customise your computer

I have been reading the last 73 pages of this thread, and have found that all of you are wanting a program that can quickly change the Windows 2000 startup logo, logon dialogs and more. Well, it is here. No need to hack resources with ResourceHacker, all you have to do is use EzyWin, click once and all of the hard work is done for you.

EzyWin allows you to change the Windows 2000 Boot logo and more - quickly and easily. It supports Windows 95/98, Windows Millennium, and Windows 2000. Changing the startup logo and shut down logos are now so much easier, because EzyWin does everything for you.

EzyWin also has support to change the Windows 2000 Logon dialogs. The last 73 pages of this thread do not tell you much on how to change these dialogs, and you don't have to find out. EzyWin allows you to change these logon dialogs quickly and easily without you having to know how it works.

There is support for Windows 95, Windows 95 with IE4 Shell integration, Windows 98, Windows Millennium, and Windows 2000. With version 3 just being released, you are sure to have fun. Version 3 has an easy-to-use interface that is graphically rich. It also has hints for you to use to get what you want done fast.

EzyWin not only has support to change the startup logo, it also lets you customise many other parts of Windows. You can change the

Startup logo (all Operating Systems)
Shut down logo (win98, win95, winMe)
Shut down in progress logo (win98, win95)

Start Menu text
Start Menu icons
show/hide Start Menu items
Start Menu vertical logo

Start Button and its tool tip
Start Button icon
Right-click menu of the Start Button

Windows 2000 Logon Dialogs

and much more...
I have been reading the last 72 pages of this thread, and I have seen several questions about "how do I change the Windows 95/98/Me logos?", "how do I change the logon dialogs?", and "why doesn't someone build a program that does of all this?".
Well the solution is here ... EzyWin

EzyWin's latest versions has just been released, version 3.0. With even more features, and a new graphically rich interface.

Or if you like doing it yourself and need any advice on how to accomplish what you would like to do, just email me. I have had years of experience in customising Windows, and know quite a lot about customising Windows even before finding LittleWhiteDog. So I hope you enjoy EzyWin as much as I have enjoyed making it!

EzyWin can be found at: www.sayesoft.com.au
Contact me: robert.saye@sayesoft.com.au

Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

Personal request to FIDO, and I think alot of people agree, please bann this doode from spamming this and all other modding forums please. Read the quote, it's a premade script. Thank you.
saarock
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 5:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:

This toy is cool... Always lookin for a windowz personal touch.. Still would like to find out how to change the start menu "old school" I don't like using quick fixes to do things. Hex editor worked like a charm on the START button. Spent 2+ hours looking for the way to change the menu. Gave up and used the tclock progie. It works like a charm also. Way fatty...

One there can only be
and i'm not it.
saarock
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 5:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:

This toy is cool... Always lookin for a windowz personal touch.. Still would like to find out how to change the start menu "old school" I don't like using quick fixes to do things. Hex editor worked like a charm on the START button. Spent 2+ hours looking for the way to change the menu. Gave up and used the tclock progie. It works like a charm also. Way fatty...

One there can only be
and i'm not it.
dmikester1
Mutt
Mutt

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

The phrase I chose to replace the "Start" is kind of long and takes up a lot of space. Is there a way I can double the height of the start button and put some text on a second line?
Thanks
Mike

Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:

One there can only be
and i'm not it.
Fire_Starter
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 10:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

TClock is a nice program, but it's also very easy to change the left side of the start menu permanently. However, I suggest doing this AFTER you do any other work with a hex editor, as it will probably screw up your offsets.

Download Resource Hacker. Go into that and open up explorer.exe. Expand the Bitmap tree, and view bitmap 157. Copy that. Paste into your favorite gfx editor and save the file. Now goto action, then "replace bitmap". Save explorer.exe, and replace it like normal.
rustedvw
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I've used reshacker to hack explore and user32 and ive completly changed my w2k os. The only thing that still reads windows 2k is the logon bitmaps, has anyone found a way to change them.

View next topic
View previous topic