LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
YLAM
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:11 pm   Post subject: VR setups Reply with quote Back to top  

Okay so I am looking at getting my first VR system complete with controllers. I already have a minor computer upgrade planned so my operating system and hardware wont be an issue no matter what one I choose to go with.

First option is entry level .. The PS4 VR ... It looks kind of cheap and the controllers leave much to be desired but I have a PS4 and the game lineup looks decent.

Next option is mid range ... The Oculus Rift ... The reviews sound positive and its cool that i can hook it up to my PC or my XboxONE. Controllers seem more attuned to gamer needs but i've heard that the tracking system is glitchy as fuck.

The final option is also the most expensive ... The HTC Vive... Seems like its better for a larger size room as opposed to cramped apartment gaming but the tracking is reportedly excellent and the general design is well thought out. Questionable game lineup though.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
noodly2877
StormDog
StormDog

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I would say that the Rift is the best option out of the three.
The most you would have to do is at least have a strong enough Video Card for VR you can get decent performance for a Geforce 1060 but a 1070 or 1080 would give you the best.

The Rift has the better headset (even though the Vive has released a newer one to address their headset limitation)
The Rift seems to have the better development support and are constantly releasing performance upgrades for their system.

the PS4 VR requires the PS4 pro and the VR setup and you would be limited only to the games released for PlayStation where as the Rift/Vive has a better software library.

hopefully that points you into the correct direction.

Due to internet regulations all offensive pictures have been removed except for one

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YLAM
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Thanks so much for the help. I will admit that I was leaning towards the Rift to begin with. No one I know had gone the VR direction yet so I didn't have any available input other than this group. I was concerned with the headset issues but it is a relief to know they have that worked out. NOw hopefully (eventually) World of Warcraft will be available in VR because that would rock my gaming life up to 11.

Bye bye tax return ... lol

View next topic
View previous topic