LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index -> Hobbies » Motorheads
BamZipPow
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

blahpony wrote:
I washed my cat a couple of years ago. Luckily my entire downpipe fits in my tub. I ran the hottest tap water through it for a while. Then put in some laundry detergent. I swished that around for a while and let it soak for an hour or so, occasionally swishing it some more. Then I ran more hot water through it for a while.

I let it dry and then put it back on my car. It's been at least a year and a half, maybe two, with no code thrown.

Here is a picture of the downpipe with cat that shows how I was able to let the cat soak properly.

I'm surprised the laundry detergent even removed those burned deposits. I figure with the oxylic acid or citric acid that the chemical reaction to the deposits would have a better chance of removing them. Too bad you weren't able to fit a camera into the pipe to shoot some before and after piccies of the catalyst. Wink Smile

BamZipPow
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:56 am   Post subject: Re: Cat washer... Reply with quote Back to top  

Slymer wrote:
BamZipPow wrote:

The washing solution was based on this technical paper...Reactivation of an Aged Commercial Three-Way Catalyst by Oxalic and Citric Acid Washing. Chemicals you can git at yer local stores... Wink Smile

Updated link: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es052310t?journalCode=esthag

That updated link requires a paid subscription... Sad Smile

This is the document from another website...
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Angelos_Efstathiou/publication/244110319_Reactivation_of_severely_aged_commercial_three-way_catalysts_by_washing_with_weak_EDTA_and_oxalic_acid_solutions/links/0046353abb3767d1d4000000.pdf

Slymer
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Even better!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

View next topic
View previous topic