LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Announcements / Rules / FAQ's
EdisonRex
Lead Dog
Lead Dog

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:23 am   Post subject: Short downtime courtesy of Lunarpages Reply with quote Back to top  

Sorry for the unexpected downtime today. The nice folks at Lunarpages apparently migrated our server, but didn't say anything to us. I don't know what "migration" means, unless the original server had a hardware problem or something.

Total downtime was about 1.5 hours. Again, my apologies.

EdisonRex
Lead Dog
Lead Dog

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:17 pm   Post subject: Scheduled downtime 8 July 2008 - The forums will be down Reply with quote Back to top  

Subject: Hercules Hardware Migration to San Diego - July 7-8, 2008
Date: 4 July 2008 00:01:17 BDT
To: manager@littlewhitedog.com
Reply-To: newsletter@lunarpages.com

Hello

Hercules will be moved to a new server Monday, July 7, 2008. This move will be to transfer the server from our Los Angeles datacenter to our San Diego datacenter. We will start the migration process at approximately 6pm Pacific time. We suggest no significant changes be made to your site during the transfer. There will be an approximate 30 minute window after we do the last data synchronization between the servers where databases will not convert data to the new server. Unfortunately we do not have advance knowledge of the exact time of when this window will occur as it is dependent on numerous factors, however, we are estimating this will be at approximately 6pm Pacific time on Tuesday, July 8, 2008.

After the rsync completes, we will then be moving the server physically to San Diego. This may take a few hours to perform, then we will reboot it up at the new datacenter. The server will change IPs once it has migrated. The new server IP will be the following:

74.50.25.75 IN PTR hercules.lunarpages.com

You may check the current status for this server at any time in CAP via https://account.lunarpages.com/ with your cPanel username and password, then by clicking the Network Status icon.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any issues with your site, please contact support@lunarpages.com

Lunarpages System Admin Team

EdisonRex
Lead Dog
Lead Dog

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Hello,

Lunarpages Web Hosting is scheduled to undergo maintenance this Saturday, January 17, 2009, at our San Diego location in order to upgrade our internal systems to be more energy efficient in our power usage, a major step in our initiative to “Go Green” in 2009. Unfortunately, this means that some of our servers will be unavailable for a short time while we upgrade these systems. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Below, you will find information on how to track the progress of our upgrades and the scheduled times that our servers will be undergoing these improvements.

The following times are our three scheduled maintenance windows for this upgrade. Please note that the information is in Pacific Standard Time (PST):

* Saturday, January 17, 7am-10am
* Saturday, January 17, 10am-1pm
* Saturday, January 17, 6pm-9pm

We are posting the exact times for each server impacted on our forum. This information will be at the following location shortly:

http://www.lunarforums.com/lunarpages_web_hosting_server_information/san_diego_power_maintenance-t51161.0.html

For your convenience, we have setup a System Advisory Hotline, which you can call via 858-427-2495 at any time. This hotline was created specifically for the upgrade in order to provide you with the most up-to-date information on our progress.

Your business is very important to us, and we appreciate your patience in this matter. Thank you so much for choosing Lunarpages Web Hosting!

EdisonRex
Lead Dog
Lead Dog

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

And again, apologies for the rather long downtime this time. The ISP gave me a week's notice of a major upgrade that I was certain was going to break stuff, but this being December and the busiest one (many issues in real life) I couldn't get on to deal with the upgrade-readiness before the upgrade actually happened. Then ever since it was trying to get through to support, which it turns out I never managed to do. I just had to figure out all that was busted and fix it. The forums are back up as you can see. Other things in the background (the mail server in particular) are misbehaving, I'll spend some quality time on them when I can. I noticed that LWD has an issue too that I need to look at.

Some of you will have "unread" messages you already read. Just read them to get your session keys back.

View next topic
View previous topic