LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » General Software
fear_nothing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Olive wrote:
fear_nothing wrote:
The native windows 7 tool to manage multiple RDP sessions is terrible.

You mean Remote Desktop Connection Manager?

Sure whatever its called its gawd awful worse than I remember.* Terminals blows it out of the water. This is a product I would pay for if it was not OSS. I've been using it all week - its quite good

*its part of the RSAT download http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731209.aspx Exclamation

Remember when it comes to Information Security only the paranoid will survive.

Worried about printing this Post? Forest products are a renewable resource that when properly managed provide sustainable jobs and wages for the benefit of all citizens, without a detrimental effect to the environment. So Print 10 copies!
Olive
Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I'll have to take a look then, as I'm now overseeing 24 different servers all around Chicago.

I have no real issues with RDCM, other than when I save my config file to my skydrive, anytime I make changes to it, it perpetually gives me "unable to decrypt password."

The Olive Estate
--wonko "I really dont know what to say exept the purpose of a lake is not to kill someone."
--maple_shaft "I AM AN ATTENTION WHORE!!!!! "
--OhioArt2 "TOMaxwell did a pregnant zebra"
GibsonSG
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

fear_nothing wrote:
The native windows 7 tool to manage multiple RDP sessions is terrible. Found this OSS gem Terminals http://terminals.codeplex.com/

Its a very powerful and highly customize-able app that supports many different protocols:

(RDP)
VNC
VMRC
SSH
Telnet
RAS
ICA Citrix
HTTP and HTTPs based viewers

I know I'm a little late to the party, but just saw this today. I must say, Terminals is the awesome. Now I can have my 10 servers, 5 Software Testing PCs, and all 50 network switches in one place. And then all the built in quick access to admin tools and such it has on the toolbars.

Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

MobaXterm is what I use for accessing the old Sun Solaris servers. It's limited to 12 saved listings in the free version though. Xming used to work great in XP, but it's gone to required donation for the newer versions that will work with Vista+.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Painted Dog
Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Classic shell

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ukeryzw41qpfz8/ClassicShellUtility.exe
CMTG
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

T wrote:
HashCheck Shell Extension - http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

It adds a tab to the Explorer file properties dialog, called "Checksums". Click on that tab and the CRC32, MD4, MD5, and SHA1 checksums will be calculated automatically. It only does those four checksums; no SHA256 or SHA512 support yet. It hasn't been updated since 2009... but it still works anyway with Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Hmm, the source is available. It wouldn't be hard to add support for your favourite Al Gore rhythms.

Slymer
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

CMTG wrote:
It wouldn't be hard to add support for your favourite Al Gore rhythms.

I see what you did there. Shocked

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

View next topic
View previous topic