LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index -> Mobile Applications » Windows Mobile
fear_nothing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:33 am   Post subject: surface rt 64gb ver 1 thoughts? Reply with quote Back to top  

Have some beast buy gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Almost made an impulse purchase. Any Microsoft Surface RT (64gb ver 1) users in the house?

Can 250 dollars purchase a device with detachable keyboard? Something that has the same battery life and has a micro sd or usb port?

Not looking for a workhorse just a general purpose pc. Surf the web and maybe edit a document or two that's about it.

Remember when it comes to Information Security only the paranoid will survive.

Worried about printing this Post? Forest products are a renewable resource that when properly managed provide sustainable jobs and wages for the benefit of all citizens, without a detrimental effect to the environment. So Print 10 copies!
fear_nothing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Not a single comment jeebuz. Kinda shifted gears on a project, bought a HP touchpad off fleabay. Screen was fine but would not charge. Tried the HP touchstone, aka wireless charging still no luck. THE PO indicated the usb charging port was broken. Trying to source parts has been a challenge. Found a couple places in china that sell them but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. Hence my interest in the surface Smile

Worried about printing this Post? Forest products are a renewable resource that when properly managed provide sustainable jobs and wages for the benefit of all citizens, without a detrimental effect to the environment. So Print 10 copies!
JustAnEngineer
Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I haven't experienced the Surface RT. A co-worker bought one for his 11 year old son last year. The kid loves the clicky keyboard cover.

A family member got a Surface Pro II this year, but that's a different animal--it's essentially a touchscreen x86 laptop with a detachable keyboard.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

JustAnEngineer wrote:
I haven't experienced the Surface RT. A co-worker bought one for his 11 year old son last year. The kid loves the clicky keyboard cover.

A family member got a Surface Pro II this year, but that's a different animal--it's essentially a touchscreen x86 laptop with a detachable keyboard.

Not too wild about being locked in via UEFI. However I put this beast through the paces at Best Buy and it seemed fine. I would like to be able to run any x86 program but I guess that's the price of admission.

squashman
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I spend to much time writing and testing Batch, Powershell and Vbscripts. That leaves me with having to get one with an x86 cpu.
Slymer
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I've read to avoid the RT as it's not a real tablet and is locked into M$'s BS.

I have no experience with them as I try my best to avoid M$ unless I have to.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

View next topic
View previous topic