LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index -> Operating Systems » OS - Apple / Mac
Evil Nemesis
Cat Chaser
Cat Chaser

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 am   Post subject: *Urgent* Copy Images between mac and Iphone/Ipad/Ipod Reply with quote Back to top  

Hello dogs, This time i desperately needs your help, well and I've never used mac before, but for some reasons I have a task to do which is giving me a hard time, I'm very good with windows but couldn't find a way around on Mac.

I have Mac OSX Lion 10.7 and I want to copy images from my iphone / ipad / ipod to My Mac, after searching for this alot on internet I could come up with a software "Phone to Mac" well it does the task but it can't transfer images back to phone from Mac Sad

so after alot more search I could come up with "iPod Magic for Mac" Software but I'm not sure as I don't know if it can transfer from iphone/ipad/ipod co'z it only says about Ipod in it's name, and I even don't know if it will transfer the photos / files two ways (mac to ipod/iphone/ipad and iphone/ipad/ipod to mac)

here's the link to that software :
http://www.xilisoft.com/ipod-magic-mac.html

I could also come up with another solution which is :

Photospread :
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photospread/id375619995?mt=8

but to be honest as I don't have a Mac and iphone right now.. I can't test these two methods Sad

I have a dead line to find such software till tomorrow, so please help a poor guy here.

Note : I want a simple drag and drop software if possible (images drag to desktop and Drag from desktop to ipod/iphone/ipad), I don't wanna use iTunes at all..

Waiting for replies, and thanks in advance.

Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Looks like iExplorer would do what you want, it's available for PC and Mac.

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

Cat Chaser
Cat Chaser

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

woww, I thought this question was unanswerable, i was messing around since last 3 days, Thanks will test it in two days, and post back the results. Laughing

can I use this to copy images to the iphone/ipod/device too ? as I can't read it anywhere on it's website ?

Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I think so, I haven't used it myself, but from the sound of it, it makes it work just like a flash drive would.

Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Hmmm... just downloaded it and tried it out myself with my iPhone 3GS, although on windows, I don't have a Mac. It works more or less like iPhone Browser, just pulls up a list of folders and you have to sift through and find what you're looking for.

I dunno about other devices, but on my iPhone the pictures were located in /root/User/Media/DCIM/100APPLE should be the same for other iDevices I would assume. I was able to drag pics out and then drop them back in to that folder with no problems.

Cat Chaser
Cat Chaser

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

thanks for ur time, appreciate it.

View next topic
View previous topic