LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Site Feedback
soup4you2
Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:21 pm   Post subject: IMG Tag Reply with quote Back to top  

For some reason the [ img ] tag is not working.

When I try to insert a image it just shows [img]URL[/img] and does not actually show the picture.

Lead Dog
Lead Dog

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Have you got disable bbcode checked?

Lycander
Lead Dog
Lead Dog

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Testing

fear_nothing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

WOW a posting from Soup

The only time I have issues with images is when the URL is long and wraps into two lines. Fathertyme was kind enough to add the + and - options a while back.

I'm sure you noticed them... look in the bottom left corner.

Remember when it comes to Information Security only the paranoid will survive.

Worried about printing this Post? Forest products are a renewable resource that when properly managed provide sustainable jobs and wages for the benefit of all citizens, without a detrimental effect to the environment. So Print 10 copies!
ThunderDawg
Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I still have the problem of images not displaying at all, but at least they are now showing up when replying, so I can see the image Lycander put up, and the one fear posted, but only in the posting.php mode.

Big Dog

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Which browsers are you guys (S4U and TD) using? Are you using any plugins like Adblock? How is your host file setup?

Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I use Avant Browser v11.7b35, Orca Browser v1.1b2 and Lunascape5, sometimes all 3 at once. I usually come in here on Avant, which has no plugins and displays images on all other sites correctly.

It's gotta be a snippet of code that went fubar.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

gregw wrote:
Which browsers are you guys (S4U and TD) using? Are you using any plugins like Adblock? How is your host file setup?

Come clean on the host file, at one point in time you had a wicked host file setup.

Right? Wink

Remember when it comes to Information Security only the paranoid will survive.

Worried about printing this Post? Forest products are a renewable resource that when properly managed provide sustainable jobs and wages for the benefit of all citizens, without a detrimental effect to the environment. So Print 10 copies!
ThunderDawg
Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

A HOSTS file is a permanent block, and it is not possible that this caused my problem at least, because I can see all images either in posting mode or at the source location.

I trimmed my HOSTS down to 23k sites from 33k, and have never setup the no-ads.PAC that I used to use, on my new rig. Confused

[Edit]
OKayy, the images display correctly for me in Orca (FF) and Lunascape (IE, FF and Leopard), so it is somehow an Avant oddity. But again, only at LBD. Confused

Ahh well, as they say, don't sweat the small stuff.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

it is probably related to the javascript that resizes the pictures so that things are readable

[9:08pm][09/16/2005]+ flip college...what is that
[9:08pm][09/16/2005]+ Aff apparently a place where you find rum
---
English doesn't just borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys, smashes them over the head and roots around in their pockets for loose vocabulary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
soup4you2
Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Figured it out. It's basically the fact that the URL does not end with a known image extension. an example would be:

http://gallery.me.com/soup4you2/100283/4-20-112-20of-20131-/web.jpg?ver=12595399730001

Tail-Wagger
Tail-Wagger

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Sorta, just including in 'ver=12595399730001' makes it bigger Smile

not a big issue since I don't plan on renewing the .mac service this time around anyways.

Leg Humper
Leg Humper

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Another bug with the [ img ] tag is that it no longer properly hotlinks an image inside a hyperlink.
e.g.:
[ url=bigphoto.jpg ] Click me: [ img ] thumbnail.jpg [ /img ] [ /url ]

This should put the thumbnail image in the message and make it clickable as a link to the larger image, but it no longer works. Instead, the small image always hotlinks to itself.

Click me:

Alpha Dog
Alpha Dog

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

JustAnEngineer wrote:
Another bug with the [ img ] tag is that it no longer properly hotlinks an image inside a hyperlink.

I would definitely call that a 'feature'.

In reply mode, the link is simply http://www.littleblackdog.com

View next topic
View previous topic