LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Article Discussions
fathertyme
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:08 am   Post subject: Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 Reply with quote Back to top  

Big thanks to hummer010 for this review

read it => here <=

[9:08pm][09/16/2005]+ flip college...what is that
[9:08pm][09/16/2005]+ Aff apparently a place where you find rum
---
English doesn't just borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys, smashes them over the head and roots around in their pockets for loose vocabulary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sully_51

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Sweet! The CF-18s are really nice little laptops. The 18s are actually no longer in production. They've been replaced by the CF-19, though both are currently available as they empty the warehouses. The processor has been upgraded to a 1.06GHz Core Duo, and the video to the Intel 945GMS. It looks pretty much the same as the 18.

I agree about the touchscreens. Once you use one, you'll never want a computer without one again. And they're a lot easier to clean. They just rock.

And as for the size, yeah, it's pretty small. But you should check out the CF-M34 if you want to see small. It's got an 8.4" screen, and the keyboard is even smaller than the CF-18! They're pretty crazy.

The casing is extremely hard to break (though trust me, it can be done, and is done, a lot). I've seen pictures of CF-29s (big brother of the 1Cool that were dropped out of airplanes by paratroopers and lived to tell the tale (the casing did break on that one, but it still worked!)

Great review! You pretty much hit everything right on the head.

Trying to find my way around a dark life, always breaking the important things...
I only get angry at stupid people, and they have to be with themselves 24/7 so they already got theirs. - quijbe

RIP Kidneyman - 4/29/05

View next topic
View previous topic