LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM

LWD LWD   FAQ FAQ   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Active Topics Active Topics   Register Register  
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages   Log in Log in  
  Who is Online Who is Online   Image Gallery Image Gallery   Chat Chat   Search Search  
  LWDGear       LBDGear  

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic     Reply to topic   LITTLEBLACKDOG.COM Forum Index » Article Discussions
Release
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Final update: It works perfectly, and i love it to bits. Very Happy Buy one today! Very Happy
legion
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

can the board in this be replaced with another micro atx setup?
squito

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:
can the board in this be replaced with another micro atx setup?
That's a good question - one would certainly hope so - wQuestionQuestionf !!!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Quote:
Final update: It works perfectly, and i love it to bits. Very Happy Buy one today! Very Happy
A belated thanks again for stopping by and sharing - me been so busy - wVery HappyVery Happyf !!!

Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Was at a computer show this weekend in San Francisco where I came across this little box. Bought one for $345. Added a 60gig Maxtor 7200 rpm HD; 512mb of DDR2100; a 40x CD-RW; 3.5" floppy; WinXP and a GeForce Ti200 64mb card I had on hand. Formatted the HD; installed XP; did all the updates (system froze several times); added the 4in1's on the CD along with several otehr drivers. Updated the GF to the latest drivers. Finished by putting McAfee AV on.

Bought it for my sons to use since they travel to other houses a lot. The LAN party box concept appealed to me.

Found the access tough for my big hands. Weighs in aroound 20lb loaded. Runs quiet. I like it and we'll see how it runs over time. If the unit was say $225-$250 range then I think they could sell a LOT of them.
squito

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Welcome to the LWD Forum Dick Rylander - wBig SmileBig Smilef !!!

Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Someone say moddage ?

Loads more pics here but you'll have to be registered on our forum:

http://www.moddin.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=617
squito

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Looking good tigermain - wBig SmileBig Smilef !!!

Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Hi all, we have two of these units we use at lan partys for Counter-Strike.
One of the problems we have found that no one seems to address is with the on-board audio. If we lug in Sony headset or Labtec headset or Several different external audio systems, we get reversed audio.

We ran the audio test that shows the sound coming out the left and right sides, when it comes out the right, we hear it on the right side.

Anyone know of a way to mod this, or shall i just say forget it and get a Audigy card.?

I would really like to have the fix for this.

Thanks

squito

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Welcome to the LWD Forum StarLog - first time I heard about this problem - wQuestionQuestionf !!!

Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Yeah, me too. Sorry I don't have many ideas for you except... some games, under OPTIONS have have a checkbox you can select to reverse the left and right audio channels. Go into the game and look around the audio section for this option.
StarLog
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

I have the fix!

Take a RCA~stereo adapter that takes a single 1/8" connector and breaks it into a red RCA conn. and a white RCA conn., 1/8"(male) and the RCA's(female). Then get a cable that has 2 male RCA's that drops down to a single female 1/8" conn.

Plug the red RCA male to the white RCA female and vise-versa. This will reverse the sound and in turn make it accurate.

Edited by - StarLog on 01/21/2003 23:17:31
Fido
Big Dog
Big Dog

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top  

Thanks for passing that info along to the rest of us Big Smile
jladams97
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:34 pm   Post subject: Where to get updated drivers for gBox CF-868? Reply with quote Back to top  

I just picked up a gBox CF-868. Yes, I know it is somewhat dated now, but it was a good deal and I believe it will be sufficient for my needs. My question is this: what do I need to do in terms of getting the most updated drivers? I will be installing Windows XP Professional and subsequently updating it with Microsoft Windows Update--will that get me squared away on the hardware drivers for the gBox or do I need to get the updated drivers myself? If I need to get the drivers myself, please give me details on what drivers from which manufacturers and what the appropriate websites are.

Also, is version 1.03 the most current BIOS version? That seems to be what this page indicates:

http://www.american-media.com/support_gBOXP4/techdowload-gBOXP4.html

The release history says "Support 130GB HDD+." Does the "+" mean that it supports bigger than 130 GB drives? If not, what will happen if I use 160 GB drives? Will I not be able to use them at all or will I only be able to use them as 130 GB drives where 30 GB are just wasted? I think this is a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway: is it possible to partition the 160 GB drives to 30 GB and 130 GB and thereby not waste the 30 GB?

And finally: is upgrading the BIOS difficult? The instructions given on the above URL look to be fairly easy to follow; the only part that I don't fully understand is how to save a copy of the original motherboard BIOS to a bootable floppy disk (the instructions do not say how that is accomplished). Is that something I should even do? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks,
Josh
spawn666
Stray Dog

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:46 am   Post subject: For some reason hte PCI slot doesn't work on my CFI-S86 Reply with quote Back to top  

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me I got a Hauppauge 150MCE that I want to build in my Ecube CFI-S86
For some strange reason I am unable to get the PCI slot to work.
When I start up the mem check stops with 0 ont the counter ore everything stays black.
Doen anyone have a idea ore a bios update to fix this?

thanks for reading this.

Bye

View next topic
View previous topic